Having multiple email address is easy, but checking each mailbox is a time-taking and toughest job. If you are scared of missing email, apply this trick today to manage all emails in one place – Gmail.
Here I'm going to tell you a very simplest way which still works for free. Now you can easily get rid of boring inbuilt email clients of cPanel such as – Roundcube, Squirrel Mail, etc. Using this technique, you can send and receive emails from multiple custom email address at one Gmail ID.
- Access to your existing Email Hosting account
- A Gmail ID
Let's learn step by step
- Login to your Email Hosting cPanel
- Go to Email account section
- Select your choice email address, from drop-down option
Click on Access WebMail
- Go to Forwarding Options
- Click on Add Forwarder button
- Enter your email address, on which you want to receive your all emails of your custom domain email. Then, click on Add Forwarder button.
- You will see a confirmation message like this.
- Now go to Gmail settings
- Under Accounts and Import option, Click on Add another Email address
- Enter here your custom email address & click on Next Step
- Here you have entered your SMTP server name, port, username and password. If you forgot the password, you could change it. Now the main thing is SMTP details which you can grab at 'Configure Email Client' option under email section of your cPanel. (Ref: Step 3). You can also contact from the host for getting SMTP information.
- Login to your Email Hosting cPanel
- On the configuration page, you can find your SMTP server name and PORT no.
- Depending upon your hosting environment. Few host allows to access mail over PORT 25(non-secure), and few strictly requires SSL/TLS settings due to security concern. My host requires secure settings. So, my setting will be as follows
- Now, It's time to verify the email address to connect successfully. Kindly, Check your custom email inbox, enter the verification code and click confirm.
- For your convenience, you should choose 'Reply from the same address the message was sent to.'
- You can test it via composing a new Email. You will see it is working fine and now you can send the email to anyone with your custom email address, without opening boring cPanel web-mail client.
- Interesting Tips: You can set your custom email in Gmail as your default email for sending all email. This feature you can get at Gmail setting – Account tab.In HTML mode of Gmail, you can't change 'from email' directly from composing mail box, so this technique will improve the experience of using Email even on slow Internet connections.
Bonus Security Tips Kindly don't compromise with Security. I would highly recommend you to keep update your mobile number and make sure you enable 2-Step verification in your Gmail Account Settings. Since you know well that Gmail is not like Yada..Yada fake Facebook account. You might be using Gmail ID to sign in so many other Google services and Third-Party application too. Hence, security of this email is extremely important. You can manage this settings at accounts.google.com under sign in option.
Note: Well, this method is limited for sending and receiving email. But, if you want to host email directly on Gmail Server, and apart from email-hosting if you want to enjoy full access to Google service over custom domain email, then you should go with Google Apps for Work. At billing page, You can use this Coupon code for 20% off for the first year of Google Apps.
Or, you can leave this part. Since first 30 days, you will get free-trial.
I'd highly appreciate if you could share feedback or suggestion for this article. Thanks.